Forum di Libera Discussione. Il Luogo di Chi è in Viaggio e di Chi sta Cercando. Attualità, politica, filosofia, psicologia, sentimenti, cultura, cucina, bellezza, satira, svago, nuove amicizie e molto altro

Per scoprire le iniziative in corso nel forum scorri lo scroll

Babel's Land : International Forum in English language Fake Collettivo : nato da un audace esperimento di procreazione virtuale ad uso di tutti gli utenti Gruppo di Lettura - ideato e gestito da Miss. Stanislavskij La Selva Oscura : sezione riservata a chi ha smarrito la retta via virtuale Lo Specchio di Cristallo : una sezione protetta per parlare di te La Taverna dell'Eco: chat libera accessibile agli utenti della Valle

Non sei connesso Connettiti o registrati

About war

Condividi 

Id warfare justifiable in modern times?

About war Pl1175%About war Pr13 75% [ 3 ]
About war Pl1125%About war Pr13 25% [ 1 ]
Voti totali : 4

Visualizza l'argomento precedente Visualizza l'argomento successivo Andare in basso  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]

victorinox
victorinox
Viandante Residente
Viandante Residente
About war

I believe that warfare in the modern context can simply no longer be justified. It is simply too possible for "collateral damage" to result from collective violence. The bombs and other technology that exists today is simply too powerful for us to reasonably justify using, there is no doubt that whenever it is used, children die. I reject all non-initatory violence, but I am at the point now where I believe the only way to live ethically in modern times is by a radical application of pacifism. Indeed as Jesus said he who seeks to save his life shall lose it. I don't care whether or not I live or die, I just want to exit this life without any blood on my hands. I can say at this point in my life I have no blood on my hands, but I am not sure I could say that participating in modern warfare. In ancient times warfare was a "close quarters" affair where men would line up on a battlefield and shoot or stab each other, there was little possibility an innocent child could end up in the way. Ever since the airplane was invented this is none of the case. I simply don't feel warfare can be justified for any reason anymore, and must be avoided at all costs. In the light of the technology exists today, every argument humans can think of is simply too petty to justify warfare. Indeed even the wars the humanitarian interventionists justify cannot be justified on these grounds, since it simply rakes up the body count.

So what do you think, does the risk of massive collateral damage make warfare no longer justifiable in modern times?

So, what to do?

Mononeurone
Mononeurone
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
The pen is on the table.

laura18
Viandante Mitico
Viandante Mitico
victorinox ha scritto:About war

I believe that warfare in the modern context can simply no longer be justified. It is simply too possible for "collateral damage" to result from collective violence. The bombs and other technology that exists today is simply too powerful for us to reasonably justify using, there is no doubt that whenever it is used, children die. I reject all non-initatory violence, but I am at the point now where I believe the only way to live ethically in modern times is by a radical application of pacifism. Indeed as Jesus said he who seeks to save his life shall lose it. I don't care whether or not I live or die, I just want to exit this life without any blood on my hands. I can say at this point in my life I have no blood on my hands, but I am not sure I could say that participating in modern warfare. In ancient times warfare was a "close quarters" affair where men would line up on a battlefield and shoot or stab each other, there was little possibility an innocent child could end up in the way. Ever since the airplane was invented this is none of the case. I simply don't feel warfare can be justified for any reason anymore, and must be avoided at all costs. In the light of the technology exists today, every argument humans can think of is simply too petty to justify warfare. Indeed even the wars the humanitarian interventionists justify cannot be justified on these grounds, since it simply rakes up the body count.

So what do you think, does the risk of massive collateral damage make warfare no longer justifiable in modern times?

So, what to do?
...too complicate..

Zadig
Zadig
Viandante Ad Honorem
Viandante Ad Honorem
Mononeurone ha scritto:The pen is on the table.
my pen is at half past six.

Mononeurone
Mononeurone
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
your pen is very small & soft!

Zadig
Zadig
Viandante Ad Honorem
Viandante Ad Honorem
yes, it's very fluffy!

Mononeurone
Mononeurone
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
So said your girlfriend

Zadig
Zadig
Viandante Ad Honorem
Viandante Ad Honorem
yours too!

vanth
vanth
Viandante Storico
Viandante Storico
It's half past ten

kohkarunagi
kohkarunagi
Viandante Storico
Viandante Storico

So, what to do?
And the cat is in the kitchen, below the window.
Ciccio, se vuoi fare lo splendido abbi almeno la compiacenza di scrivere in buon inglese... sadness 

Mononeurone
Mononeurone
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
dick is on the dock!

Zadig
Zadig
Viandante Ad Honorem
Viandante Ad Honorem
and dock in on the Spock!

vanth
laura18
Viandante Mitico
Viandante Mitico
Ôuchi Yoshitaka4
1507-1551

Both the victor
and the vanquished are
but drops of dew,
but bolts of lightning -
thus should we view the world.

doctor faust
doctor faust
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
....this' does not mean that we still face in the form of guerilla warfare in the world

Mononeurone
Mononeurone
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
Where is victoria station?

Silentis
Silentis
Viandante Storico
Viandante Storico
It is on the table.

biba
biba
Viandante Mitico
Viandante Mitico
Silentis ha scritto:It is on the table.
Victoria is on the table?  Suspect 

Mononeurone
Mononeurone
Viandante Affezionato
Viandante Affezionato
Procumbent?

Silentis
Silentis
Viandante Storico
Viandante Storico
biba ha scritto:
Silentis ha scritto:It is on the table.
Victoria is on the table?  :suspect: 

Dirty things.

Zadig
Zadig
Viandante Ad Honorem
Viandante Ad Honorem
mind the gap!

victorinox
victorinox
Viandante Residente
Viandante Residente
laura18 ha scritto:

So, what to do?
...too complicate..
You're right. THEME IS A COMPLICATED, BUT IT IS IMPORTANT deal with it.

doctor faust ha scritto:....this' does not mean that we still face in the form of guerilla warfare in the world

Very true. YOU FIGHT FOR QUESTIONS IDEOLOGICAL LOSING SIGHT OF THE PROBLEM

Contenuto sponsorizzato

Visualizza l'argomento precedente Visualizza l'argomento successivo Torna in alto  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]